Do you love sheet masks as much as we do? We’ve compiled a list of the best sheet mask benefits that will convince you to include it into your pregnancy skincare routine!
It’s not just K-drama or K-pop that have risen in popularity in the last few years, but K-beauty too. We probably have your favourite K-drama actress wearing a sheet mask in an episode or two and one of the inexpensive but iconic products to emerge from South Korea is sheet masks.
What is a sheet mask, you ask? It’s basically a mask in the form of a sheet, which can be made of fiber, cotton, bamboo, or something else. It comes with holes for the eyes and mouth, and a slit on the nose area because it’s designed to go over your face for an indulgence facial straight out of a pouch. This single-use magical skincare item comes in a variety of concoctions. From brightening and soothing to rejuvenating and hydrating, there’s a sheet mask for virtually any and every skincare concern.
In an article published on Women’s Health, New York-based dermatologist Dendy Engelman, M.D., explained that “sheet masks have a higher concentration of actives than a topical product, and depending on the material, the sheet can help deliver products deeper into the skin.”
If you’re new to this K-beauty must-have and worried about how it really works, we’re rounding up the best sheet mask benefits and tips and tricks to get the most out of your sheet mask!
5 Sheet Mask Benefits
1. They target a variety of skin types and problems
Whatever your skincare concern is, you’re bound to find a sheet mask just for that. Some sheet masks are specifically made for those with dry skin, while some sheet masks come with brightening ingredients. But no matter what skin trouble you have, you can bet that you will feel your skin become softer, plumper, and more supple after using one.
2. They’re inexpensive
Unlike a trip to your favourite facialist, which can cost you an arm and leg, a sheet mask is another way to treat your skin without breaking the bank. If you’re new to the sheet mask scene, you can buy them either in boxes or a single pouch. The latter is great if you want to sample a few options first.
Even better, this is one way to try the whole range available without having to worry about the cost. With a sheet mask, it’s affordable but still does its job well.
3. They’re simple and easy to use
If you’re pregnant or busy raising a tot, time may not be on your side with all the chores and worries on your mind. Fret not, because a sheet mask is made just for those with no time to spare. Sheet masks are extremely easy to use. After you wash your face, just open up the packaging, plop it over your face, wait for 15-20 minutes, pat the serum into your face, and you’re done.
4. They’re relaxing and therapeutic
Sheet masks are just as good for your overall well-being as it is for your skin. Just taking the time to sit still and relax even just for 20 minutes is an incredible way to quiet your mind and uplift your spirit. It would be even better if you use a sheet mask that comes with aromatic essential oils!
5. They enhance your skin’s appearance quickly
Sheet masks ensure that all the nourishing ingredients penetrate deeper into the skin. With this, it hydrates your skin faster, which is a key factor in keeping your skin looking healthy and glowing.
7 Tips To Maximize The Use of Sheet Masks
Using a sheet mask is pretty simple. But little do you know, there are a few tips and tricks that can help you maximize the effectiveness of your favourite K-beauty products.
1. Before you use a sheet mask, make sure you wash your face first. You can even exfoliate your face beforehand, so you can get rid of any dead skin cells that can get in the way of your skin absorbing the vitamins and nutrients in your sheet mask.
2. Massage the pouch before you open it. This way, all the essence inside will be soaked up by the sheet mask.
3. Make sure your skin is moist or damp before putting it on. If you want to incorporate it into your skincare routine, you can use it before you apply an eye cream or a moisturizer.
4. Make sure you smooth out the sheet mask on your face. This way, every inch of your skin will be able to absorb the nutrients and benefits of your sheet mask.
5. Don’t let the sheet mask dry on your face. Some sheet mask newbies leave the sheet mask too long on their faces, which is not recommended. Instead, follow the duration indicated in the instruction. More often than not, it’s recommended to leave on for 15-20 minutes. As a rule, your skin should still be moist when you remove it.
6. Don’t wash your face immediately after using a sheet mask. Allow your skin to soak up the remaining serum. Even better, massage the serum left on your face and in the packaging! Using the tips of your fingers, massage the remaining serum in the pouch or on the sheet for better absorption. For an even better massage experience, use a facial massager.
7. Check the ingredients. If you’re pregnant, make sure you watch out for ingredients that can be harmful or harsh to your skin like retinol and salicylic acid. As much as possible, go for alcohol-free sheet masks and those that are suitable for sensitive skin.
Introducing Mama’s Choice Revitalizing & Soothing Protective Sheet Masks
For moms who likes to wear sheet masks as part of their skincare routines and are still looking for sheet masks that are safe to use during pregnancy and breastfeeding, Mama’s Choice Sheet Masks are the answer! Unlike the usual sheet masks in the market, our sheet masks are 100% free from alcohol, parabens and artificial fragrances. So, it won’t irritate your sensitive skin – it’s also dermatologically tested, mama! 🥰
We carefully created our sheet masks with 2 variations that you can choose from according to your skin types or problems. Mama’s Choice Revitalizing Sheet Mask is specially formulated with Honey and Centella Asiatica that is able to moisturize dry, dull skin and get rid of fine lines. While Mama’s Choice Soothing Protective Sheet Mask is specially formulated by Tea Tree and cucumber which able to reduce excess oil and prevent bacteria growth that cause the appearance of acnes. No worries, mama! Both sheet masks are made from natural ingredients that are 100% safe and halal.
Consistent use of our sheet masks can help improve your skin texture, reduce the excess of sebum production, soothe acne and redness. As a result, your face will look extra fresh and glowy!
The best part is our sheet mask is an environmental friendly skin care product that is biodegradable and easily decomposed. So, while you take care of your skin, you are also taking care of the environment! ♻️
Want to achieve a perfect pregnancy glow? Complete your skincare routine with Mama’s Choice Gentle Face Wash and Mama’s Choice Daily Protection Face Moisturizer today! You can SAVE 33% if you get our Mama’s Beauty Kit set which comes with a face wash, face moisturizer and 3 packs of sheet masks. 😍 You can also find it on our website and Lazada, okay!
Mama's Choice Team
The Mama's Choice MY team is consisted of 4 beautiful mamas who are strong and dedicated in being the support system that many mamas need these days. <3